Related Interior Services
Install baseboards, crown, doors
Your Interior Services Project
Below are some tips to consider before you start or hire a professional for your interior services home improvement project.
- Preparing the work area, and preparing the work surfaces is crucial to a quality paint job. For interiors, we lightly sand and clean trim that will be painted, to better facilitate adhesion of the new paint. For all projects, protecting floors, walls, furniture, and finishes is of primary importance before we start work.
- Priming of bare wood is key to a long-lasting paint job. We always include the use of appropriate surface primers.
- Consider the color scheme of the interior of your home.
- When you are looking over color samples, try to view them outside. You will get a better idea of how they will look. When choosing and interior color, view sample in the respective room at different times of the day. A sun drenched room will show the color slightly lighter than than the color strip.
- If you are still struggling with color choices, before spending your money on a huge amount of paint, buy quarts and paint a small area of your home to see how it will look.
- Expect to have 3-7 workers in your home, depending on the project. This can sometimes be inconvenient if you are not prepared for it.
- Do not deep clean your home before painting starts. Plan on doing one after the project is finished. Even with the highest level of prep, some degree of clean up is to be expected after the interior projects.